Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Guru Poornima 2009 - Will You Be There ?


As you must already know, Guru Poornima 2009 will be celebrated with Guruji in Chicago, July 2nd - 7th, the 7th being Guru Poornima day. I can't go, but my heart is already there. Fond memories go back to Guru Poornima 2006 in the Bay Area, CA when I did the Advance course in the presence with Gurudev. What an unforgettable event it was for me ! My first Guru Poornima (not technically), with Guruji - so many beautiful experiences, amazing miracles ...........cherished memories to last several life times.

If you can attend, please DO. I can't think of a reason not to, but if you need some reasons, here are a few I would give myself :

1. Its Guru Poornima.
2. Guruji will be there.
3. He will be giving a discourse on the Bhagavad Gita (4th chapter onwards). Ever saw Ashtavakra Gita / Bhakti Sutras and wondered how lucky those folks were that were getting the knowledge directly at his feet ? Well here is your chance .
4. There will be thousands waiting to see him - where else would rather be ?
5. People will travel from all over the world to be there - what about you ?
6. Be with the master during Guru Poornima. Imagine - the disciple and the master in HIS physical form - together.
7. The most amazing knowledge flows from Guruji at this time (when does it not ?), but during Guru Poornima - it has a special flavour.
8. Rocking Satsangs with some of the most amazing AOL rock stars like Bhanu Didi.
9. Many Advanced course sessions with Guruji.
10. Courses for all age groups. Its the most amazing family event for the spiritually inclined at this time of the year.

Still need convincing ? Didn't think so :-) I pray you can make it.

Jai Guru Dev,

No comments:

Post a Comment