Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tales of Two Pictures

I'll admit it - I am a big fan of Guruji's pictures . Even though HE says in the Bhakti Sutras - "Do you really need a picture to remember me ?", I can't resist having his picture everywhere - in my wallet, in the puja room, on the counters ...almost everywhere. Here are a couple of my favorite pics and the accompanying stories.


PICTURE I



Picture I is a framed photo presented to me by N and S when they briefly stayed with me during Guru Poornima in the Bay Area 2006. I was in silence during the Part II course and had a strong longing for a nice framed picture of Guruji . Unfortunately the Divine Shop at the course had none.
I returned home that evening and - in silence - N and S hand me this beautiful framed picture of Guruji.



PICTURE II



Picture II was brought to me by a Divine Shop coordinator in Pune . I had requested him to get me another picture altogether. During the Part I course I was taking then, I saw Picture II and fell in love with it. So much bliss, joy and love flows spontaneously from it. The coordinator called me as I returned from Part I and said he was bringing the picture I had asked for. He arrived and after we exchanged pleasantries, I asked to see the picture.

Lo and Behold , it was Picture II - the one I longed for during the course. I asked him how he got this one and his explanation was simple - I could not find the one you asked me for and instead got this one along.

Wow - The Power Of Longing & Intention !!!

Jai Guru Dev,

No comments:

Post a Comment