Thursday, November 29, 2007

Its My Life

The trials and tribulations of the last few months have often raised a nagging question in my mind - What about my life ? Selfish ? Yes.

This set me thinking - what indeed is my life ? Is it the student life at UW that I loved and now miss ? Is it the Art Of Living events in the Bay Area and Seattle that I loved participating in ? Or those mindless web browsing sessions that led to a load of bookmarks that I never looked at later ? Sleeping when I liked, waking when I wanted, taking a long walk on the rainy roads of U-district in Seattle ? Taking Art Of Living courses when I wanted ?

What indeed is my life ? And why is what-I-am-going-through-right-now NOT a part of it ?

After some introspection, it was clear what the problem was. I have created this perfect world where I can do what I want, when I want, let in who I want and pretty much think that this is the purpose of my life - even though the heart reminds me every now and then that it is not feeling so good. I want life to evolve as I wish fulfilling my desires and aspirations as I go along and want the universe to play along. Guess what dude - IT AIN'T HAPPENING !

Someone said "If you want God to laugh, tell him about your plans ! I know HE is laughing real hard right now :-) .

Back to Knowlege Point I and II of the Part I course !
  • Accept People and Situations As They Are
  • Live Life in the Present Moment
I was suddenly reminded of the beautiful knowledge given my Balwinder-ji at Long Kriya in Aundh, Pune a few weeks ago "Jo ab hai, wohi theek hai" (Whatever is happening right now is absolutely fine) .

The real cool thing about a really tough unpredictable situation in life is that while you are on the spiritual path with the worlds-coolest-guru , the knowledge rears its beautiful head to remind you of what you are not applying in your life. As Guruji said in Guru Poornima 2006 in the Bay Area "The sign of having a teacher, a master - is that you DO NOT WORRY !" .

Gotta do the next Part I again REAL SOON !!!

Jai Guru Dev,

No comments:

Post a Comment