Friday, December 14, 2007

Things get better

One of the points of the Art of Living Part I course points is "The mind focuses on the negative" . How true !

Over the last few posts, I've been blogging away about my pain and suffering . The last week witnessed an amazing transformation in the state of health of sick-loved-one. Last week the doctor agreed to take off one medicine that sick-loved-one was taking for months since it was prescribed at a time when they hadn't completely diagnosed the correct problem. Now that there is more clarity on the real problem, that drug has been stopped.

Just days after stopping that medication, sick-loved one's condition has improved by leaps and bounds. Seems like a lot of the symptoms we saw were really side-effects of the wrong medication.

Its really amazing - when I left the US, my AOL teacher told me - "You will be guided". And how ? Just when we were beginning to despair that sick-loved-one's condition was not improving, came the guidance - check with the doctor about this drug . I mean WOW !

And how hard it was for me to write this post. I shared willingly about the pain, suffering, agony and now when it was time to share the joy, the mind protested so much. Truly the Part I course is the essence of all knowledge. One has to sometimes walk through a furnace to live the knowledge, but its all so worth it.

In "The Secret of Secrets", Sri Sri Ravishankar talks about the 3 aspects of of any tough situation :

Tapah (Penance)
Swadhyaya (Self Observation)
Ishwara Pranidhana (Surrender to God)

The last few months have truly been an example to live this knowledge completely.

Thanks G U R U J I !

Jai Guru Dev,

No comments:

Post a Comment